Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites or blogs of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information
which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
We will not sell or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your email address to send you promotional information about future chess events or other areas which we think you may find interesting. If you do not want to receive these promotional emails (which we will try to keep to a minimum) then please reply to the email when it is sent specifically requesting not to receive any more emails and we will do our best to ensure you are no longer on the mailing list.
Regarding the website
- The content of the pages of this website is for your general information and use only. It is subject to change without notice.
- Neither we nor any third parties provide any warranty or guarantee as to the accuracy, timeliness, performance, completeness or suitability of the information and materials found or offered on this website for any particular purpose. You acknowledge that such information and materials may contain inaccuracies or errors and we expressly exclude liability for any such inaccuracies or errors to the fullest extent permitted by law.
- Your use of any information or materials on this website is entirely at your own risk, for which we shall not be liable. It shall be your own responsibility to ensure that any products, services or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
- This website contains material which is owned by or licensed to us. This material includes, but is not limited to, the design, layout, look, appearance and graphics. Reproduction is prohibited other than in accordance with the copyright notice, which forms part of these terms and conditions.
- All trade marks reproduced in this website which are not the property of, or licensed to, the operator are acknowledged on the website.
- Unauthorised use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offence.
- This website also includes links to other websites. These links are provided for your convenience to provide further information. They do not signify that we endorse the websites. We have no responsibility for the content of the linked websites.
- Your use of this website and any dispute arising out of such use of the website is subject to the laws of England, Northern Ireland, Scotland and Wales.
Regarding events run – disclaimer
The Organisers accept no responsibility for any loss, theft or accident during any event. Parents or carers are responsible for their own children during the event and space is available for parents who wish to stay for the day. Children can only be left for the day if you inform us in writing on the day and leave an emergency contact number but ultimately organisers still will not take responsibility for those children as we will be busy running the event and won’t be able to watch the children. Parents must make their own decision as to whether their child is mature enough to be left for the day to behave responsibly and stay within the designated areas.
Photos of the children may be taken by the organisers in the playing hall. These may be published on chess websites (including this one) or in chess related articles. If you’re not happy for photos of your child to be used then please email us before the start of the event – otherwise it will be presumed you are happy for photos to be used.